BEH Logo
October 16, 2017

Reclaim your identity. Replace your IDs.

Wildfire Resources

Reclaim your identity. Replace your IDs.

In a wildfire, you not only lose your home and possessions, you may also lose your identity. And getting it back can be time-consuming and frustrating. Here’s contact information for California residents. We hope you don't need this, but if you do, this list will help.

California Driver’s License

Visit a California DMV office to complete an application. Replacement license forms must be delivered in person. Call 800-777-0133 for info

Birth and Death Certificates

California Department of Public Health or online at www.cdph.ca.gov or by calling 916-445-2684. $25 fee for replacement.

EBT Card

Call 877-328-9677 or contact your local county social services worker.

Credit Cards

Contact the issuing institution by phone or online

American Express 800-992-3404 www.home.americanexpress.com

Discover 800-347-2683 www.discover.com/credit-cards/help-center/

Master Card 800-622-7747 www.mastercard.com/cgi-bin/emergserv.cgi

Visa 800-847-2911 www.usa.visa.com

If you don’t remember which credit cards you had, contact a credit bureau or get your credit report online.

Equifax, Experian or TransUnion 877-322-8228 www.annualcreditreport.com

Social Security and Medicare Cards

Social Security 800-772-1213 www.ssa.gov


U.S. Department of State, Passport Services, Consular Lost/Stolen Passport Section 202-955-0430 877-487-2778 www.travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/lost-stolen.html

Green Card

Go to www.uscis.gov and complete the Form I-90, application to replace a permanent resident card, and file it online or by mail. Call 800-375-5283 to check the status of your application.

Savings Bonds

U.S. Department of Treasury 800-722-2678 www.treasurydirect.gov

Tax Returns

Internal Revenue Service 800-829-1040 or download the Request for Copy of Tax Return at www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

Military Records

National Archives and Records Administration 866-272-6272 www.archives.gov/contact/


Recent Blog Posts


Are you at risk for PTSD?

Catastrophic wildfires can trigger PTSD, not only in adults, but also in young children and teens. Many times, the effects are temporary -- even normal. But, it's not unusual for the effects to last longer and to be debilitating. In that case, you should take this seriously and get professional help. Here's a quick guide to to inform you about the effects and ways to deal with them.

October 18, 2017

Is your child at risk for PTSD?

Young children and teenagers are just as susceptible to PTSD as adults. Here's some information to help you be watchful.

October 9, 2017

If you home is uninhabitable, be sure your insurance company provides a nice place to stay.

If your insurance coverage pays for living costs due to the loss of your home, you have the right to negotiate for suitable quarters. We've included suggstions on how to deal with your insurance company

October 10, 2017